Instructions for Authors
Submission of articles
All contributions will be evaluated (double-blind peer reviewing process) by two subject specialists. The submitting/corresponding author takes responsibility for the paper during submission and peer review.
Language and style
All manuscripts must be written in English and should be typed in a single column width with double spacing.
The author’s name, academic or professional affiliation, e-mail address, and full address should be included on the first page. All correspondence will be only with the corresponding author (should be indicated), including any on editorial decisions.
Papers for Malaysian Journal of Chemistry should include an abstract not exceeding 200 words. The main text of the paper should be divided into sections and subsections, as exemplified in the current issues of the articles in the IKM website: <www.mjchemistry.ikm.org.my>.
The Journal will follow the IKM author-date style of referencing examples of which is given below. References should be numbered consecutively in the text, thus: "According to a recent theory  ……" and collected at the end of the paper in the following styles, for journals, proceedings and books, respectively:
- Ong, H. T., Nurhidayatullaili, M. J., Sharifah, B. A. H., Boondamnoen, O. and Tai, M. F. (2015) Properties of iron oxide nanoparticles, Malaysian Journal of Chemistry, 17(1), 1-11.
- Journal/ Proceedings
- Johnson, K. L., Kendall, K. and Roberts, A. D. (1971) Proc. Roy. Soc. London, Ser. A, 324, 301-313.
- Archer, B. L. (1976) Biochemistry of enzymic deproteinisation of Hevea brasiliensis latex, in Proc. Int. Rubber Conference '75, Kuala Lumpur, Vol. II, 532 .
- Israelachvili, N. (1985) Intermolecular and Surface Forces, Academic Press, London.
- Frisch, M.J. and Trucks, G.W. (1998) Gaussian 98 (Revision A. 3), Gaussian Inc. Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Rai, A.K. (1995) Studies on Removal of Chromium(VI) from Electroplating Wastewater, Ph.D. Thesis, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- ASTM D 5045-99 (1999) Standard Test Methods for Plane-Strain Fracture Toughness and Strain Energy Release Rate of Plastic Materials, American Society for Testing and Materials, PA 19428.
- Chapter in Edited Monographs
- McBrien, M. (2006) Selecting the correct pH value for HPLC, in HPLC Made to Measure:
- A Practical Handbook for Optimization, eds. S. Kromidas, Wiley-VCH: Weinheim, Germany.
- All illustrations, of whatever type, should be numbered in a single sequence and referred to in the text and caption as Figure 1, Figure 2; Table 1, Table 2 etc. A separate list of captions for illustrations could also be provided.
- Units and Abbreviations
- It is desirable that SI units be used. If unconventional units are employed (e.g. deniar) appropriate conversion factors should be given. All abbreviations should be spelt out in full on first appearance, e.g. scanning electron microscope (SEM).